Skip to main content
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed these terms and conditions
- This competition is owned and managed by Kingston First, operating under the brand name In Kingston.
- The competition is free to enter and open to all ages. Children under the age of 16 must obtain permission from a parent or guardian.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 18 August 2019.
- The competition is only open to non-professional photographers (defined as someone who does not derive more than 10% of their income from photography).
- Photographs must be original and taken by you. It is the photographer’s responsibility to obtain any appropriate permissions. Please do not submit portrait photographs of children unless you have expressly gained the permission of their parent or guardian.
- Entrants can enter up to three single images. Judging will be based on the single image and not a series of images.
- Images must have been taken in 2019 and involve the river Thames in or near Kingston upon Thames.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of Kingston First and Jessops Kingston.
- Winners and shortlisted entries will be notified by the end of August 2019 via email.
- Winners and shortlisted entries agree to the use of their name and photograph supplied to be printed on a public exhibition in Kingston town centre and will cooperate with any other reasonable requests by Kingston First relating to any post-winning publicity.
- The judging panel’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes on offer:
- First Prize:
Fujifilm X-T100 Mirrorless Camera in Dark Silver + XC15-45mm lens
Jessops 16GB SD Card
Jessops UV Filter
Tecno medium shoulder bag
Level 1 or 2 Photography Course at Jessops Kingston
Manfrotto Compact Advanced Tripod
- Second Prize:
Canon CP1300 Printer
Pack of 108 printer paper
- Third Prize:
Fuji Instax Mini 9 Instant Camera
20 pack of film
Case, strap and Album
- Prizes are non-negotiable and non-transferable.No cash alternative will be given. In the event of a prize being unavailable, Kingston First and Jessops Kingston reserve the right to offer an alternative to an equal or higher value.
- The competition is not open to employees of Kingston First or of any of the organisations providing prizes.
- All commercial rights to the images remain with the photographers with the exception that Kingston First, under the brand name of In Kingston, has the right to use entries in any future publicity material (print or electronic) without payment – subject to crediting the original photographer.
- Kingston First reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any entry that does not comply with the following requirements, even after the entry is submitted on the website.
- Each entry does not contain any infringing, threatening, false, misleading, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane content
- Each entry does not contain any material that could constitute or encourage conduct which would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
- Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Kingston First shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.