These workshops are held above Cass Art on Clarence Street and are open to any children who are interested in playing and experimenting through art. Each class will teach the children different techniques and ways in which they can create images through printing, these methods may involve a mixture of drawing and painting also. By using basic materials and tools, these techniques will be simple and friendly to do for children of any age.
The classes will be lead by Brandon Seedhouse, an artist and educator based in England. He has had work shown in London, New York & Tokyo, taking part in major print shows such as Woolwich Contemporary Printmaking Fair and the Awagami International Miniature Print Exhibition. Alongside his art practice, he has worked with both local community hubs and global institutions such as Tate Modern, Phoenix Gallery Brighton and Richmond Community College, providing alternative art education to children for the past five years. Alongside Brandon Seedhouse, there will be assistance from other professional artists local to the area during workshops (please note the teacher and every visiting assistant is DBS checked).
- 13th January, 4:30pm-5:30pm - Landscape Monoprinting
- 20th January, 4:30pm-5:30pm - Geomtric Cardboard Collograph Printing
- 10th February, 4:30pm-5:30pm - Japanese Prints with Foam
- 17th February, 4:30pm-5:30pm - Abstract Monoprinting
- 10th March, 2pm-3pm - Animal Stencil printing (Easter Workshop)
- 17th March, 2pm-3pm - Printing from Nature (Easter Workshop)
- 31st March, 4:30pm-5:30pm - Pattern Printing with Potatoes
Tickets: £25 per student per lesson. £140 per student for entire term. To book, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, these workshops take place on the first floor and there is no step free access.