11 - 2PM, VARIOUS SUNDAYS
In these 3-hour Sunday workshops Samira will guide you through the process of drawing layers of lines and circles step by step using a compass and straight edge to create a complex underlying grid from which a beautiful pattern will emerge. You will outline, trace and transfer the pattern to watercolour paper, brought to life with watercolour pencils & paints to complete a colourful piece in watercolours in the session or complete at home aided by the step-by-step PDF accompanying every pattern. Each month participants journey back in time to a different part of the Islamic Lands to gain greater insight in a particular era, location or family of patterns.
This workshop is hosted by Samira Mian, artist and educator with a passion for geometry & art, breathing new life in to medieval Islamic Geometric Patterns using ancient tools in the 21st Century.
Dates and Times:
- 23 January - A pattern from Egypt *SOLD OUT*
- 20 February - A pattern from Uzbekistan
- 13 March - A pattern from Mughal India
- 22 May - A pattern from Andalusia
- 12 June - A pattern from Persia
- 24 July - A pattern from Turkey
- 14 August- A pattern from Morocco
Price: £25 or book four Sunday places for £88 (£22 each)